Points to Consider in the Selection and Installation of Sealing Elements
Sealing plane in mechanical sealing elements: consists of the contact of two sliding sealing elements perpendicular to the axis of rotation, one fixed and one movable. These slip sealing elements are pressed by a spring force.
Successful sealing in these elements; It depends on factors such as temperature, lubrication, amount of solid particles, chemical structure of the environment, cooling, vibration, pressure change, working range, counter surface quality, misalignment, material. However, since the most important factor affecting the life of the element is heat, it is necessary to pay attention to the thermal resistance of the element to be above the operating temperature.
Rules to be considered before the Sealing Elements are installed;
1) The location where the assembly will be made or the table must be clean.
2) Before starting the installation, the duct dimensions, radius and chamfers of the places where the sealing elements will be mounted should be checked. In addition, attention should be paid to the surface quality and cleanliness of these channels.
3) Attention should be paid to the burrs that may remain in the corners of the sealing elements.
4) Choose an oil type that will not interact with the material of the sealing member rather than grease lubrication.
5) The use of mounting fixtures with sharp or pointed corners should be avoided.
6) It is extremely inconvenient to heat the sealing elements in an uncontrolled manner before assembly. The physical, mechanical or chemical structure of the sealing element may deteriorate.